- Emergency Staffing Pool
- Philanthropic Resources
- Coming soon! – Department of Human Services Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) Request for Proposal (RFP) for funding across multiple programs
Rental Assistance Programs
- COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program – This is a federally funded rental assistance program run by Minnesota Housing. The program will launch in a few weeks and begin accepting applications.
- COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program – This program was open from August -December 2020 and is no longer accepting applications.
- Local rental assistance programs
Currently Funded Entities
If you are currently being funded by DHS’ Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO), there are reporting requirements that you need to complete. Click here for the reporting requirements page to access the reporting documents and budget revision forms.
Summary of Funding
We have seen the largest increase in homeless-specific funding in state history, with over $84 million in new State and Federal funds dedicated to supporting people experiencing homelessness and $480 million allocated to preventing homelessness and evictions allocated since March. These resources in combination with the incredible work providers and local communities are doing are critical to protect people experiencing homelessness and prevent people from becoming homeless. The investments include:
- $26.5 million to the Emergency Services Program (ESP) for shelter space, outreach, staffing, and PPE (March 2020)
- $5.5 million for a 15% increase in payments for settings supported by the Housing Support program for March, April, and May (March 2020)
- $6.2 million for Veteran homelessness prevention and rental assistance (March 2020)
- $19.5 million in Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF) dedicated to sustain efforts funded by ESP (August 2020)
- $100 million in CRF dedicated for housing stability and eviction prevention through the COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program (July 2020)
- $375 million from the federal COVID releif package for the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance program. (December 2020)
- $4.4 million in COVID-19 Minnesota Funds approved for 200 additional shelter spaces in Hennepin and Ramsey counties. (October and November 2020)
- $8.9 million in COVID-19 Minnesota Funds to sustain critical ESP activities in early 2021.(December 2020)
- The Federal CARES Act and state actions have allocated various funding to support the COVID-19 response for people experiencing homelessness. Funding Summary Chart to highlight the various state and federal funding sources to support COVID-19 response.
- The COVID-19 relief bill was passed by Congress on December 2020. View a summary of both the COVID-19 relief funding and the fiscal year 2021 funding.
- Governor Walz COVID-19 Recovery Budget Summary for Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Congress is negotiating the “America Rescue Plan” a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill that includes over $40 billion in housing and homelessness resources. The National Low Income Housing Coalition has developed a detailed summary of the housing provisions currently included in the bill. The full bill language can be found here and the housing provisions begin on page 218.